Each year the organizers of the Footwear Biomechanics Symposium present awards to presenters at the conference. For the FBS2023 Footwear Awards, potential award candidates need to complete and submit the online form during the abstract submission process in order to be to be considered eligible for an award. To be eligible, award candidates must meet the following criteria
- The award winner and first author (PI) must present the research in person.
- If a person has more than one paper accepted for presentation or poster he/she has to identify beforehand which presentation/poster is in the competition.
- Potential award candidate must complete and submit the online form prior to the abstract submission deadline of February 17, 2023
- Full Professors and/or Leader of Research and Testing Institutions are not eligible for an award
- Keynote and invited lecturers are not eligible for an award.
- Symposia presenters can be award candidates if they have the same presentation time as the normal podium presenters. They are not eligible for an award if their presentation time is different from the podium presentation time.
- Symposium presenters can be award candidates if they present original research. They can’t be award candidates if they present a review or overview.
- The researcher that wins the Nike Award can’t be a candidate for the Footwear Awards.
- Award winners of previous conferences can’t be an award candidate with a topic similar to the previous award topic.
- Members of the Award Selection Committee are not eligible for an award.
All eligible presenters (that meet the criteria above) of both oral and poster presentations are potential award candidates and will have their presentation ranked by the awards committee.
Only one award application needs to be made to apply for the Innovation, Young Investigator, Applied Research, Methodology, and Basic Research awards.
Applied Research Award
Sponsored by Mizuno
Basic Research Award
Sponsored by NewBalance
Sponsored by Under Armour
Sponsored by Brooks
Women in Science Award
Sponsored by Lululemon
Young Investigator Award
Sponsored by Adidas